Saturday, July 4, 2015

The beginning of the end

Saying goodbye is probably one of the hardest things to do. But let's recap the week instead of talking about that. 

Thursday: hospital. Sweetest doctor with a British accent when she spoke English. She saw my interests and let me take time to look more into them and ask questions. Intensive care is exactly that: intense, but the amount of care and respect the doctors have for their patients in the Spanish hospital is incomparable. Thursday night, we had our final group dinner. We enjoyed delicious food and a nice glass of Spanish wine before the first couple people headed off. That night was spent in our last night out on the town enjoying each other's company. 

Friday: as it was my last full day in Ourense, I decided to give myself a break from the hospital. (That and something about seeing comatose people for that long was a struggle.) we had a nice breakfast and did a little shopping before saying goodbye to a couple more people of the group. After a nice siesta (nap time), I had my last English lesson with my student. The evening was time for the last meal with those of us that were left before a couple more departed. 

Saturday (today): the four of us that remained enjoyed a nice breakfast at the cafe that we had gone to every morning before the hospital. We thanked the ladies working there for all they did for us and they returned our thanks with our favorite breakfast foods. All of us spent the rest of the time in Ourense making sure everything was packed. Two more left. Shortly after, my friend Sasha and I headed to the train station to make our way to Vigo, where I am now. Will update about Vigo later. 

Here are some pictures:
Drinks with friends

The last four

Ttyl. Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment